Summer Employee

New incoming students are not eligible to obtain their ID Card until their program officially begins, generally during registration/orientation. Therefore, new students who arrive on campus early and who will be working for the University during the summer, prior to their fall matriculation, can be issued a Access card. The student must be enrolled for the fall semester and have been hired through Student Employment.  There is a $6.00 per card fee, paid by department COA (chart of accounts) only.

To obtain a Summer ID Card, the hiring department must complete a Summer Employee Request Form. The form should be completed by the department supervisor or business manager and faxed to the Central ID Center prior to sending the student to the ID Center.  Once the form has been processed by the ID Center, the requestor will be notified by e-mail that the student may come to the ID Center to obtain their ID Card.

The student will be required to present one of the following forms of government-issued photo identification in order to obtain their Summer Employee ID Card:

  • Passport (USA or International)
  • Driver’s License (USA only)
  • State Issued (Non-driver) ID
  • US Military ID
  • INS ID (Green Card)