I am an employee of the University but will become a student this coming semester. Can I continue to use my current ID card?

You will need to exchange your employee ID card for a student ID.  Once your program begins, please see your Registrar to obtain an Authorization to Issue ID Card.  Bring this authorization card to the ID Center along with your current ID and a government-issued photo ID to obtain your student ID Card.