Can I change my preferred name?

Yes, a preferred name may be used in place of your legal name at Yale to identify yourself. Students may only provide a preferred first name. Faculty and staff may provide a preferred first and last name. To edit your existing preferred name, enter a new preferred name, or delete an existing preferred name you must do so in your system of record (Workday or Student Information System). Visit the Email Addresses at Yale web page for more information.