If a Vendor/Contractor requires an ID Card, the hiring department must complete a Contractor/Vendor/Consultant ID Request Form.  The form should be completed by the department supervisor or business manager and faxed to the appropriate ID Center prior to sending the individual to the ID Center.  Vendor/Contractor cards are valid for a maximum of 1 year and there is a $25 fee per card, paid by department PTAEO only.

Contractors/Vendors/Consultants are required to be in compliance with the University’s background check policy prior to any of their employees being issued a Yale University ID card.  Please be sure this requirement has been met prior to submitting any ID Card requests for the contractor/vendor/consultant.  Once the form has been processed by the ID Center, the requestor will be notified by e-mail that the individual may come to the ID Center to obtain their ID Card. 

The individual will be required to present one of the following forms of government-issued photo identification in order to obtain their ID Card:

  • Passport (USA or International)
  • Driver’s License (USA only)
  • State Issued (Non-driver) ID
  • US Military ID
  • INS ID (Green Card)

The Contractor/Vendor/Consultant ID Request Form must also be completed and the above procedures followed for renewals of a Vendor ID Card.  In most cases, the ID Center will electronically update the expiration date on the Vendor ID card based on proper submission of a renewal request and a new card would not be required.  If a new card is required, the ID Center will notify the requestor via e-mail that the individual must come to the ID Center to obtain an updated card.