Casual/Temporary Employees

ID Cards for Casual/Temporary employees are issued by request only.  If an ID Card is required, the hiring department must complete a Casual/Temporary ID Form.  The form should be completed by the department supervisor or business manager prior to sending the employee to the ID Center.  There is a six-month maximum duration for all Casual/Temporary ID Cards.

Please be sure the employee has successfully completed a background check before submitting an ID Card request – no Casual/Temporary ID Card requests will be processed until the background check requirement has been met.  For questions regarding the background check policy and procedures, please contact

Once the form has been processed by the ID Center, the requestor will be notified by e-mail that the employee may come to the ID Center to obtain their ID Card.

The casual/temporary employee will be required to present one of the following forms of government-issued photo identification in order to obtain their ID Card:

  • Passport (USA or International)
  • Driver’s License (USA only)
  • State Issued (Non-driver) ID
  • US Military ID
  • INS ID (Green Card)

For renewals, employee must work with their business manager to renew their ID card via the the process as above. For all expired cards that are not being renewed they must be turned into their department business manager.